Spino Cerebellar Ataxia
There are many different types of Spino Cerebellar Ataxia (SCA) and each one has unique signs and symptoms. They all present with movement problems that progress over time and it is hard to differentiate between the different types.
People with Spino Cerebellar Ataxia may have the following symptoms
- Problems with coordination (ataxia)
- Problems with balance
- Unsteady and uncoordinated walking
- Poor hand-eye coordination
- Abnormal speech (dysarthria)
- Involuntary eye movement
- Vision problems
- Difficulty processing, learning, and remembering information
Neurological Physiotherapy will develop an individualised program focussing on gait re-education, balance and secondary prevention of deconditioning to help you achieve your goals and maximise independence throughout your life.